Each Cobal film-coated tablet contains mecobalamin 500 mcg folic acid 200 mcg .
Inactive ingredients: Lactose monohydrate, maize starch,
polyvinyl pyrolidone K29-32, magnesium stearate,
hydroxypropylmethylcellulose E5, titanium dioxide, white bees wax.
- Cobal, mecobalamin, is a water-soluble vitamin B2-
Vitamin B,2, occurs in the body mainly as methylcobalamin
(mecobalamin), adenosylcobalamin (cobamamide) & hydroxycobalamin.
- Mecobalamin is one of the two active coenzyme forms of vitamin B.22 (the other being adenosylcobalamin).
- Mecobalamin plays an important role as a coenzyme of methionine synthetase in the transmethylation of homocysteine to methionine.
- Mecobalamin removes the methyl group from
methyltetrahydrofolate to form tetrahydrofolate which
- participates in purine, pyrimidine, & nucleic acid synthesis.
- The metabolic benefit of these reactions is to ensure stores of methionine are maintained.
- Mecobalamin is well transported to nerve cell organelles promoting nucleic acid & protein synthesis.
- Mecobalamin acts as a methyl donor for the synthesis of
lecithin, a major component of the myelin sheath.
- Mecobalamin promotes axonal regeneration.
- Mecobalamin restores delayed synaptic transmission & diminished neurotransmitters to normal.
- Cobal as vitamin B,, is essential to growth, cell reproduction, hematopoiesis, & myelin synthesis.
- Deficiency may result in pernicious anaemia, demyelination & other neurological damage.
- Evidence indicates that mecobalamin is utilised more
efficiently than cyanocobalamin to increase level of vitamin B,2. The quantity of cobalamin detected following oral dose of mecobalamin is similar to the amount following administration of cyanocobalamin.
- It is stored in the liver, excreted in the bile, & undergoes
extensive enterohepatic recycling.
- Human urinary excretion of mecobalamin is about one-third
that of a similar dose of cyanocobalamin, indicating greater tissue retention.
- Peripheral neuropathies such as diabetic neuropathy,
entrapment neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy & other
neuropathies. Thus, it improves burning sensation,
numbness, loss of sensation, muscle cramps, sensitivity to pain.
- Pernicious anaemia.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disorders, as it decreases homocysteine level in the blood.
- In cases of inadequate nutrition, e.ge elderly people & vegetarians
- Pregnancy Osteoporosis & lumbago
- Male & female infertility caused by hypovitaminosis B.
- Malaise & fatigue
- Mecobalamin has excellent tolerability & no known toxicity.
- Loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhoea or other symptoms of
gastrointestinal upsets may infrequently appear.
- Skin rash may rarely occur.
- Hypersensitivity reactions to mecobalamin or any other ingredients in the product.
- It should not be used for months, if there is no response at all after its use for a certain period of time.
- It should not be given to patients with suspected vitamin B2
deficiency without first confirming the diagnosis.
- Pregnancy: No reported precautions.
- Lactation: No reported precautions.
- Absorption of vitamin B,, from the gastrointestinal tract may
- be reduced by neomycin, amino-salicylic acid, histamine H,- Hantagonists, and colchicine.
- Serum concentrations may be decreased by concurrent use of oral contraceptives. Many of these interactions are unlikely to be of clinical significance but should be taken into account
- when performing assays for blood concentrations.
- Parenteral chloramphenicol may attenuate the effect of vitamin B,, in anaemia.
Dosage & administration:
Two to three tablets to be taken daily, or as prescribed by the physician
- To be taken as directed by your doctor, do not exceed therecommended dose.
To buy cobal f cream contact us via the website
- Or contact our customer service agents for requests or inquiries, and they will provide you with more details.
- All of our products in ElitePharmacy are 100% original.
- Your health is our mission With ElitePharmacy Online.
- Your health is our mission With Elite Pharmacy Online