Dexaflox contain the following substances:
- Ofloxacin: An antibiotic belonging to the quinolone family, it prevents the growth and reproduction of bacteria by inhibiting the enzyme DNA gerases responsible for DNA replication and cell division.
- It has a broad spectrum against a wide range of Gram-positive, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
- Dexamethasone: which belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids, which are medicines used to reduce inflammation and itching by narrowing the blood vessels and preventing the release of inflammatory substances.
- Classification of medication: corticosteroid and antibiotic.
What is dexaflox used for?
- Treatment of infections of the cornea, eyelids, and conjunctivitis, caused by a bacterial infection.
- Reducing the response to inflammatory, itching and redness factors.
What are the contraindications to the use of Dexaflox?
It is forbidden to use the medicine without consulting the specialist doctor in the following cases:
Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
- Infection with any of the viral diseases or fungal infections in the cornea, conjunctiva, or ear.
- Acute superficial keratitis and conjunctivitis due to herpes simplex.
- Eye infection with tuberculosis.
What are the side effects of Dexaflox?
Feeling of burning and discomfort when applying the medicine.
What are the precautions for using Dexaflox?
- Use with caution under a doctor’s supervision in the following cases:
During pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Heart disease (such as heart failure, myocardial infarction, and bradycardia).
What are the drug interactions of Dexaflox?
- It is preferable to inform the doctor or pharmacist of all medicines, herbs, vitamins and dietary supplements before starting treatment.
- It is recommended not to coincide with the following drugs:
Medicines known to prolong QT interval.
- Tricyclic antidepressants such as: amipramine.
- Antipsychotics such as lithium.
What are the dosages and methods of use of Dexaflox?
- To treat an eye infection: put one or two drops in the eye every 4 to 6 hours.
- For the first 24 to 48 hours, the dose may be increased to 1 to 2 drops every 2 hours, as use should be gradually reduced.
- Ear infection treatment: Apply 2-4 drops 3-4 times daily.
What are the dosage forms of Dexaflox?
Eye drops, suspension 3, 1 mg
What are the storage conditions for Dexaflox?
Store below 25 ° C, protect from moisture and direct sunlight.
How to use Dexaflox:
- Prolonged use of antibiotics may sometimes lead to an overgrowth of insensitive organisms, including fungi, so the drug instructions must be adhered to.
- Prolonged use of the drug may lead to glaucoma and posterior subcapsular cataract formation, especially if these products are used for 10 days or longer, so intraocular pressure should be routinely monitored.
- The patient is advised to remove the contact lenses before applying the medication and not to return them for at least a quarter.
To buy Dexaflox contact us via the website
- Or contact our customer service agents for requests or inquiries, and they will provide you with more details.
- All of our products in ElitePharmacy are 100% original.
- Your health is our mission With ElitePharmacy Online.
- Your health is our mission With Elite Pharmacy Online.